Saturday, May 14, 2011

Puppy chow, homemade popcorn and Stuart Little 3

Today was very realized and chill so I decided early on that today would be a home based First.
The kids an I had culinary firsts and a movie.
I decided to make one of mine and my sisters favorite past times Puppy Chow! We used to make puppy chow all the time and today I realized why and how we did it. Being that we were food stamp and WIC kids we would get food through these programs that were healthy and of course we got Chex. Being that we didn't want to eat healthy cereal we made it unhealthy by pouring chocolate, peanut butter, butter and powdered sugar :) and boy is it good!
This was the first time that I made puppy chow in YEARS, this doesn't count as a first, but it was the first time I made puppy chow with the kids!
The finished product

Next I made home made popcorn for the first time!!
Movies, Homemade Popcorn(with Leilani's hand) and puppy chow

It was really easy and tasted better than bagged popcorn. The good thing about homemade popcorn is you can really tailor it to your liking and individual taste. You can also play around with different seasonings like paprika, garlic salt, basil or just about anything else you can come up with.
We ate our homemade snacks while watching the not so good movie Stuart Little 3. This was also a first I had never watched the movie and after watching it I see why lol.
Remember to check out my YouTube channel with videos of my First: http://www.youtube.com/user/gmalone410?feature=mhee
Total First for today:3!
  • Home made popcorn
  • Making puppy chow with the kids
  • Watching Stuart Little 3
Thank you for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment