Friday, May 6, 2011

Cinco De Mayo "Festival" and CMOM

My post tonight is going to be very quick and brief. However, I will update this post tomorrow. I just didnt want to skip a day of blogging and miss the date.
Today I went to my first Cinco De Mayo festival which was by Grand Central Terminal. In short the festival was not at all festive. Even the kids asked when we were going to the festival when we were at it..lol
Then today was my first time taking my daughter and nephew to The Children's Museum of Manhattan and today since it was the first Friday of the month we got in for FREE!!! Which meant this was the first time I ever went to CMOM for free!
That is about it...
UPDATE!!!
So now that I have slept I can blog.
The Cinco De Mayo festival was a big fail. Upon getting to the "festival" all I saw was 10 tents.
2 taco/Mexican food vendors
1 gyro food vendor
1 grilled corn stand(YUM!)
and the rest were pashmina stands.
The kids got some Mexican food while I opted for a grilled corn, which was really good, because I love corn and who can pass up corn on a stick that's GRILLED? :)We got some free samples of lemonade and orange juice and were off. Before getting back on the subway at Grand Central I got the kids Mr. Softee!
-This was the first time I got my nephew Mr. Softee and also the first time I had been to Grand Central with both kids and I was alone.

Mr. Softee to make up for the un-festive festival
I then rode down to Mid town to get my eyebrows done for FREE!! Because of my loyal customer card!
-First time getting my eyebrows done for free in NYC
Then like I said above we went over to the Children's Museum of Manhattan for FREE first Friday!
-First time bringing my nephew and getting in for FREE!
The kids really loved the museum which has exhibits about Dora and Diego helping animals and Dora's dance party.

Diego's Animal Rescue Center
Me talking about helping the Earth is really paying off because the kids were more interested in Diego's animal rescue center then Dora's  party! They got to look at animal X-rays and see pictures of rare animals too. The museum also had a few new things since the last time my daughter an I went to so we checked them out and learned that Curious George will be coming to the museum in June, which my daughter will love to see since she plays with Curious on PBS kids.
After the long day we went over to the Heights for dinner with my father.
As always it was a great day! Busy and tiring but great.
Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment