Sunday, September 18, 2011

No Guard!

This is AN EMERGENCY POST! I have several others that should be ahead of this one but I had to take out the time to do this one FIRST!
So today I was going to go to Bryant Park and watch a dance that is part of the annual Bryant Park Fall Festival but instead I stayed home and shaved my head. Yes you read correctly SHAVED MY HEAD!

For those of you that know me well, you know I have been wanting to shave my head for some years now and after thinking about it all day, tweeting about it and calling you to see what you think I DID IT!
IT feels great! I am super excited!
Today I woke up and my hair was as dry as scarecrow straw and as you all know I don't like my hair. Don't get me wrong I have great hair but I CAN"T STAND IT! Anyhow I went down to the dollar store and got some deep conditioning treatment thing came home, washed my hair, twisted it and then looked in the mirror and told myself: "Fck it shave it!" After about six hours I did!

Leilani told me I looked like Damien, my nephew, and that she now needed a new mom. Lol. But after I told her I needed a new daughter she apologized and said that it was just strange and now when she drew a picture of use she would have to draw me with no hair instead of my curls lol.


Before

During
OMG WTF!?
AHHH! She did it!




MY FIRST TIME SHAVING MY HEAD!!

8 comments:

  1. Wow... I can't believe you shaved it! Speechless

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I love it! So free and boldly me!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look great! i didn't expect this, but it doesn't surprise me :) Go get some awesome make-up and play up that lovely face of yours :-D that's one of my favorite things that women with shaved heads do -- lovely make up! oxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU ACTUALLY LOOK AMAZING!!!!
    I SERIOUSLY SERIOUSLY LOVE IT!!
    Must be soooo freee and easy feeling.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Isa Yeah I am definitely going to learn how to play with make up and different looks. Thank you :))
    @Aroosa- Thanks love! I feel SO free and a LOT more confident!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it Gloria.....it will be soooo easy to care for!!!! Leilani loves her Mama!!! So do we:-)) Miss you all!!! <3 <3 - Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW you look AMAZING! So brave! Well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Vikie!! We miss and love you all very much! It is super easy, now I laugh at the brushes, hair ties, bobby pins etc. Lol

    @Shiv89- Thank you! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete