Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Freedom Tower

Today my first came early. This was due to weather, traffic and having the kids with me.
I had some business to take care of this morning down by the World Trade Center neighborhood. This was the first time I saw the beginning signs of the Freedom Tower. This was also the first time that I went down to that neighborhood since moving back to NYC. There were so many news vans down there,I figured that it was because of the recent news but then I  found out that  President Obama will be at the Freedom Tower site tomorrow! I'm still toying with the idea of going down there but I don't know yet because everybody and their mother will be down there an I don't think it'll be a good idea with two young children but we'll see!
I know I know not to exciting of a first but I was emotional being down at the WTC location. I've been there since the 9-11 attacks but it kind depressing to be in a place of so much hurt, grief and chaos and just walk by like its just another construction zone. Its sad that life is so dispensable. Next to celebrity deaths the deaths of the 9-11 victims are one of the most publicized world wide and yet life goes on.

Construction at the Freedom Tower

Construction at the Freedom Tower sight
I'm still working on my YouTube channel and uploading new videos and photo slid shows. I hope the weather is better tomorrow so I can do something more.
Well that's all for now :)
Thank you for reading  and don't forget my other blog: http://teenmomny.blogspot.com/
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment