Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Blueberry pancakes, Indian food and o0o yeah SIM NET

This morning was AMAZING and easy going. Good weather, good company and of course a great breakfast to top it all off!
Yesterday I had a GREAT breakfast: Blueberries, strawberries, chocolate rice cake with plain great yogurt and orange juice and water! YUM!
So today I had to make something just as good. The other day while I was shopping for fruits I went down the pancake aisle for the kids and saw Jiffy blueberry muffin mix. I picked up the box and saw that you could use this to make blueberry pancakes. What a great idea, but I already had my blueberries in my cart and didn't want box blueberries, I mean that doesn't even sound good, boxed Blueberries?!
Anyways...lol this morning I got my pancake mix, which I wonder if there are whole grain pancakes since I don't really like pancakes and would feel better about giving my daughter whole grain pancakes, and fresh blueberries and started making Blueberry pancakes! They were actually REALLY good! I was proud of myself! and the kids liked them too! (Wow that's a lot of exclamation marks lol)

Blueberry pancakes! *_*
Then the next First was using the Baruch computer lab! I even got my own student email activated and my log in!!! I'm so official now! I'm not going to lie I am a bit intimidated about going "back" to school and all but I'm looking forward to it at the same time...?
Any how I had to buy thus CD ROM to help me study for the SIMNET test, basically an Excel Microsoft test, that I need to pass! So after finally getting the CD, you can read about my rant on my other blog:http://teenmomny.blogspot.com/2011/05/school-fustrations.html  , I find out that it still wont work and went into the Baruch computer lab to study for about 30 minutes before the test. Needless to say I failed the test but I don't think I did that bad because you need a 70 to pass and I got a 40...bahahah lol I know but I had never got a chance to really study, so I don't think its too bad lol plus I can retake it.
Taking the SIM NET test was another First. So that brings my total to 3 so far!
After taking the exam I was hungry but needed to get my eyebrows done so I figured that I would get them done then go home and eat. However, while I was on my way to get my eyebrows done I walked past an Indian restaurant that said lunch special $8! So I definitely had to check it out and boy am I glad I did. Like I told my sister, Lily, "This -ish is mad good, yo!" Lol I know not proper but oh well it was MAD good and mad cheap lol. Okay enough "mad". The whole meal was only $8.75+tip! The restaurant is called Leaf Curry. I wish I knew what I ate but I don't the waiter to get me what he liked and now we have something in common because I like it too!

Best $8 I've spent in NYC

  • Indian food at Leaf Curry bring my total to 4!
The next and final First for the day was getting my eyebrows done WITHOUT the kid(s). As you may have guessed already I do everything with the kids so today was my first time getting my eyebrows done in NYC with out the kids.
The rest of the day was great, in great part to the weather but more so because of my company. I know I'm crazy and say that I can't wait to have alone time but I feel guilty when I do and after I got the kids from the family friend that was watching them we went down to Central Park and I let them play in the water and we went to a park that we had never been to before on 67th Street after we left one that had a raccoon just chillin' in it!
Oo0o wow that's another first: 67th Street park and leaving a park because of a raccoon lol.
Total first for today: 6!
Omg I'm overwhelmed by all my First-ness [ I make up words can you tell ;) ] that I completely forgot to share that I had Grapefruit chicken, for the First time, the other day and boy was it DELICIOUS! My father made it and it was heaven!
Thakn you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment