Sunday, June 26, 2011

June 25th : Barreto Park

My First for yesterday was going to Barreto Park in Hunts Point in the Bronx. While I was looking for a First the night before I found the out that there was going to be a Summer Festival at Barreto State Park after the annual Fish Parade complete with Native American drumming circle and to top it all off it was FREE! Being that I have never seen the Fish Parade or have ever been to Barreto Park I decided to go.
Unfortunately I did leave the house on time so we missed the parade :( but after a very LONG walk we finally made it to the park and began to enjoy the festival. My daughter made a mask, jumped in the bounce house and worked on refining her hula hooping skills. One thing that I was let down about was the fact that there was no Native American drumming circle which I really would have enjoyed to see.
The park was very nice and had a fishing dock that I believe was on the East river but i'm not 100% sure.
My daughter an I left the festival shortly after and THANKFULLY there was shuttle bus on the way back which dropped us off right at the train station. The rest of our day was spent indoors enjoying each other company and watching some movie on Netflix. I think that being away from home for so long turned me and my daughter into temporary home bodies :)


One of the views of the river

My daughter in the bounce house
Thank you for reading! Don't forget my other blog http://teenmomny.blogspot.com/ Which is about my life as a real teen mom living in NYC and my experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment