Thursday, July 28, 2011

July 15-19th bulk blogging

This will cover July 15th to July 19th.
My family has been going to a cottage in Ludington, Michigan for years now. The cottage is a great get away and also a chance to truly enjoy one another and the tranquil environment.
This was the First time that my daughter and I had been in Ludington together, I was very confident she would love it and she did. While in Ludington these are the First that I did.

First time biking 8 miles! One morning I woke up and felt like going for a bike ride and being that Lake Michigan is such a short distance from the cottage I decided to bike to the lake and take a dip in the lake.
This was also the First time that I biked to Lake Michigan and jumped in.
My next First was kayaking with my daughter.
My sister Leysis and I always seem to make our way into a kayak whenever we are together and we used to kayak when we were younger all the time. I don't know what happened in the last few years that we haven't kayaked but we were short of a mess. The cottage that we go to has a river that flows right behind it  and this is where we kayak. After getting our life jackets on and the kayak in the water we were off. In circles, but off none the less.
My daughter enjoyed being in the kayak and the water however we rowed our butts out of the water after some mystery river thing jumped out at us.
Another one of my First was sand dune climbing with my daughter. Sand dune climbing is also another thing that I enjoy a lot and seeing my daughter run up the huge sand dune.
Family friend of ours invited us out to eat with them and this was the First time that I ate at the Ponderosa Ludington. It was great to hear stories about the couple, they have been married since forever and seem to work so well together. It was great to hear the quirky stories about them and just see a couple that had been married for a long time.
 Another First was eating Mama Chicken. My sister Isabel made it and generally I don't like creamy soup cans recipes but the mama chicken was very good.
Like I said before I'm trying to catch up and photos will follow and my awesome video of me cliff jumping!
Thank you for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment